One year (and one day) of the new RR forum!

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.

How satisfied are you with the new forum?

I like it!
85%
I hate it!
No votes
I really liked the old format and would like to have the new forum closer in it's look to the old one
6%
I don't really care, I am too busy looking at recently shipped items on rickenbacker.com
9%

Total votes: 34

gibsonlp
Technical Admin

One year (and one day) of the new RR forum!

Post by gibsonlp »

Hello friends!

1 year (and 1 day, sorry for that...) have passed since I posted the announcement of the move to the new forum.
Lots of things have happened since that day, 100,000 posts and over 7,000 new topics were added.

Some of you guys didn't feel comfortable with the new interface, I wonder if that is still the case, please vote!

For those who don't remember how the previous interface looked, Peter located an old snapshot of the old forum: http://www.rickresource.com/old_forum/board-topics.html
So long and thanks for all the fish!
wmthor
Veteran RRF member

Re: One year (and one day) of the new RR forum!

Post by wmthor »

I like it, I like it!
:D :D :D :D
'96 1997 LH MG
'98 360 LH MG
'00 360/12 Carl Wilson LH FG
'07 730S Shiloh LH
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

As with anything new, it took a little while to feel comfortable with it but it is much better than the old format. One thing I would like to see, however, is that teeny, little box in front of each thread that directs you to the latest posting to be larger. 8)
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

Loved it from the very start. Keep up the good work guys. :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, John. Just in passing the same goes for your fine work on Being For The Benefit of Musicianship. I have learned much from your comments and not just those associated with music. Long may you and JDog continue. Thanks for teaching an old dog new tricks.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

I'm too new here to say about the old old format but the very recent changes are a nice upgrade. It's all great to me, as you guys are outstanding! I love all the features. This is the best built forum thingie I've ever seen, let alone used. So I voted for #4. What the hey!
All I wanna do is rock!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

I loved it day one Gil,

I especially loved the fact that I got to keep the old colour scheme. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication and thanks to Peter for being here for us.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

There was a short adjustment period, but it wasn't bad at all.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Do the latest post boxes look bigger, already? Or is it my eyes playing tricks on me? If the former, Bravo, Gil! :D
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

sloop_john_b wrote:Loved it from the very start. Keep up the good work guys. :)
+1
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

rickenbrother wrote:
sloop_john_b wrote:Loved it from the very start. Keep up the good work guys. :)
+1
+1 :D
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

Voted "I like it", but perhaps i just got quite used to the new format (in old colours). Besides, there are nice additions, like smilies, youtube embedding, etc. :twisted:
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

jps wrote:As with anything new, it took a little while to feel comfortable with it but it is much better than the old format. One thing I would like to see, however, is that teeny, little box in front of each thread that directs you to the latest posting to be larger. 8)
So THAT'S what the teeny little box is for!! :roll:

Took a little getting used to but I doubt if I could go back now!! The changes made since day one have all been very much for the better and I applaud Gil and Peter for taking a number of suggestions on board.

It's a living thing!! :mrgreen:
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
ken_j
RRF Consultant

Post by ken_j »

I like it but I am using the old view option (tan colors) it seems much warmer to me. The thing I miss that the old one had was the posting guide that told you how to code certain things such as "URL in a new window" or a "URL with a title". There were codes for copyright and trademark. The little box that jps just mentioned I didn't even notice it or know what it did. I had to go try it out. That is a great feature. I have not had success posting a pic from Photobucket I am sure that it's me but I always get "cannot determine file size" so I post it on this server. I assume I am doing something wrong. All in all though this is nicer especially since the file size of pics can be larger plus all of the archives have been mergered back into topic headings.
"The best things in life aren't things."
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

Jeffrey and Ken:

Thank you very much for your valuable input.

Ken: Just place your mouse over any of the bbcode tags to get an explanation on the usage of the tag, additionally, clicking the tag will create the tag and place your input marker right where YOUR data should be, for example, clicking on the image tag would create 2 img tags and all you have to do is to put the link between them (it's already located at the right place, so basically all you have to do now is paste the image url and you'll have an image linked)
Here is a nice bbcode guide: http://www.phpbb.com/community/faq.php?mode=bbcode

Jeffrey: I'll see what I can do about making the image a little bit bigger, however - it is in the same size as the smallest font, enlarging it might affect the rest of the users who do have a working pair of eyes, a photographer, phaa... ;)
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”