Flux

Reports from Canada
chronictown
Veteran RRF member

Flux

Post by chronictown »

Might be a long shot, but does anybody know/remember a band called Flux? I think they were from Hamilton, but I could be wrong. Saw them in the late '90's opening for my roommate's band at the Bombshelter at Waterloo. Maybe it was all the Sleeman I was putting back that night but they kind of blew me away - the guitarist played a stock 360FG and man, did he make it scream. I've tried finding recordings from these guys/gals but haven't been able to turn up anything.
stubby
Intermediate Member

Re: Flux

Post by stubby »

Chris - I don't know if they're from Hamilton but they played here a lot. I can't remember seeing them but it seems to me I saw their posters all over the place mid-late 90s.
86kubicki
Advanced Member

Post by 86kubicki »

Is this the band Chris?
http://radio3.cbc.ca/bands/FLUX-AD
chronictown
Veteran RRF member

Post by chronictown »

Yes, that's the band - thanks Steve! Looks like I missed the "A.D." bit at the end. Glad to see they have a couple albums I can hunt down. IMHO they were a little ahead of their time...back in the 90s they had a sound quite similar to what Stars and Metric have become well-known for this decade.
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Man, sure glad I was looking for what was going on in Canada. Flux is a really really great sound. Too bad they've all moved on. Ahead of their time definitely. Thanks! :)

Steve, thanks for the Radio 3 link - great site. Passed it on to my daughter, who has turned me on to sooo much good music and artists.

Return to “Canadian Chapter: by Dean Steglia”