Possible RRF site virus?

Rules, posting instructions and the latest news.
walker
Advanced Member

Possible RRF site virus?

Post by walker »

For the past 3-4 days, whenever I quit the RRF site by closing the window or tab that it's in, it automatically reopens again in about 20 new tabs, and keeps opening ad-infinitum in more and more tabs, clogging up my CPU usage, and basically renders my computer useless until I manage to kill the window with Ctrl+Alt+Delete. Sometimes THAT won't work, and I have to completely switch off my computer at the power strip, which izza no gouda!

I'm using Windows Explorer as my browser. Anybody else out there run into this problem?
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: Possible RRF site virus?

Post by kiramdear »

Are you joking, Mark? :?

That is so bizarre. Nary a sign of that kind of behavior from my machine. Not that macintosh is that much better than 'doze, mind you. I got a new one today. We have a zero-tolerance policy with unworthy digital underlings.
Yesterday the old one nearly became a boat anchor.
I love my mac. I hate my mac. I love my mac. I hate my ... :twisted:
All I wanna do is rock!
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

I've not had that problem, Mark. Is it possible that there's a virus or other spyware/malware on your machine?
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

PC, IE, nothing of that kind.
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.
scotty

Post by scotty »

The only problem i have is when I log on i get a horrible urge to buy more Rickenbackers! :D
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

You should get that checked out, Scotty. Head immediately down to your nearest Rick dealer - They've got the treatment for you.
scotty

Post by scotty »

Ah,Thanks for the tip Dr Lyons I`ll try to get down this week for sure!
walker
Advanced Member

Post by walker »

No joke, Kira. It's probably just a weird glitch with MY boat anchor/arial projectile. It's a PC, so it's more prone to viruses than a Mac, but I ran TWO virus sans recently which yeilded nothing, and most of the time my Avast Anti-Virus program catches all the little Trojans and worms and whatnots that slip past the Windows firewall/security shield. It's just strange because the RRF is the only site that causes this weird anomaly when I close out of it.
deaconblues
RRF Consultant

Post by deaconblues »

Is your keyboard working properly?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mark: I have used IE for years and have never encountered this in association with the RRF. Let's let Gil have a detailed look and make comment.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

I experienced this once, Mark, and it wasn't when I was on the forum.... I was looking at a local newspaper site.
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon
walker
Advanced Member

Post by walker »

My keyboard seems to be working fine, although sometimes when I try to type text on a site window like this - as opposed to a word doc - the letters appear very slowly & staggered, and some are missed entirely. As I blaze through a sentence without looking at the screen, it can look like this:

y's u?Boy ts surescks dnky dks sljufconvl d ing.

Then when I look up and see that, I think I'm having an aneurism and my brain has stopped firing on all the necessary synapses to form compete sentences. That phenomenon happens most often on my Yahoo email account, so I'm suspecting they're having glitches of their own. I had to type incredibly slow on Yahoo sometimes just to make sure none of the letters are lost. I've ditched that, and now type even the simplest stupid stuff in a word doc before cutting & pasting it over.

Bottom line, though - the problem could be that my computer is just an old, antequated piece of ****, and the weird tab explosion effect has nothing do to with the RRF itself, even though the RRF is the only site that does this thus far.

? ? ? ? ? ? ?
captsandwich
Intermediate Member

Post by captsandwich »

walker wrote: y's u?Boy ts surescks dnky dks sljufconvl d ing.
Maybe it's just how my mind works, but I think that after the post above, this thread should be marked NSFW.

:twisted:
walker
Advanced Member

Post by walker »

captsandwich wrote:
walker wrote: y's u?Boy ts surescks dnky dks sljufconvl d ing.
Maybe it's just how my mind works, but I think that after the post above, this thread should be marked NSFW.

:twisted:
You can't read that? Dude - I think you should see a doctor.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

walker wrote:y's u?Boy ts surescks dnky dks sljufconvl d ing.

:shock: :oops: Can you say that in a public forum?
All I wanna do is rock!

Return to “Rules and Questions for Admin ONLY”