Gene Clark cover: In a Misty Morning

A round-table feedback exchange
toescantalk

Gene Clark cover: In a Misty Morning

Post by toescantalk »

Just listened to Mark's corking Kinks cover and thought I'd share my recently finished dabbling with a Gene Clark cover on my silly myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/constantspray

Hopefully Gene wouldn't disapprove too much :)
walker
Advanced Member

Re: Gene Clark cover: In a Misty Morning

Post by walker »

Very nice nuanced playing on the guitar parts, you really have a great inherent feel. I'm not a big fan of the drum parts, however. I know this is probably just a demo, but if you put some time into programming a drum part that has the same subtlety as the rest of the instruments, it would help the song a bit. A real drummer would be ideal, of course, if that's an option.
johnashfield
Veteran RRF member

Post by johnashfield »

I love the feel on this... though some effects or eq on the drum machine would help... hand percussion always makes a mix sound more live too... almost reminds me of The Mighty Lemon Drops.
toescantalk

Post by toescantalk »

Yep, I guess I am very much in an 80s indie phase and probably have been since the 80s.

Thanks for the feedback on the drums it's much appreciated. Drums are what I think of and, therefore, hear least - as programming drums isn't as fun as playing bass or guitar. I will definitely take more time on this now though.
dogload

Post by dogload »

Just discovered this one.
I see what you mean about the 80's indie stuff- lol- shades of Ultra Vivid Scene's more tender moments too.
As I'm also a bit of a victim of that post- C86 stuff, I find myself liking this, and the others on your MySpace, quite a bit. I think 'Rearranged' is especially nice.
Nice. Sorry, but 'nice' in the best way!
Um... my band
The Type Five
And some tunes here:
The Type Five at Bandcamp

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”