Theft

Register, Price List, Gallery, RIC Outlet One Offs

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

IowaGunner

Theft

Post by IowaGunner »

I am the rightful owner of a Mapleglo Rickenbacker 330, serial number 0530888. I just returned from an extended work-related trip to find that it was stolen, along with my son's cheap Strat copy, from my home.

I have a letter from Kenny Howes, Sales Director for the Rickenbacker International Corporation, that verifies that I bought this Rickenbacker from Sam Ash Music in Philadelphia on March 18, 2006. I can provide documentation to prove ownership. I am the original owner and only lawful owner of this instrument.

One of the registered users on the forum registered this guitar as a collected instrument on July 13th. Whatever information this person, or any other forum member, can provide for me about the current holder, location or advertisements for sale of the instrument would be greatly appreciated. If, in my opinion, the current holder of the guitar is innocent of any wrongdoing, unaware of the stolen condition of the instrument, and cooperative with my efforts to recover my property and identify the guilty party, I am willing to provide a small reward to them ($100) plus shipping costs for their trouble returning the instrument.

Thanks in advance for any information that leads to the recovery of my Ric. Sorry, no reward for info on the cheap Korean Strat copy :D
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Re: Theft

Post by gibsonlp »

Hi Steve,
I am terribly sorry to hear these news.
I have contacted the forum member who added this instrument to the register to see if he remembers where did he see it, if it is ebay - we *might* be able to locate it, I am not sure.
This is a good opportunity to remind forum members who add collected instruments - ADD A NOTE THAT SAYS WHERE DID YOU FIND IT IN THE COMMENT FIELD, this is EXACTLY why we need this type of information for!!!
I will keep you posted.
Good luck.
So long and thanks for all the fish!
xcoyle
Intermediate Member

Post by xcoyle »

Steve, I added that to the Registry from Ebay. I do not usually add new guitars to the Registry, unless the seller puts the serial number in the listing, or I can clearly see the number in a photo. You should be able to track this down if Ebay will help. Keep us posted either way, we like CSI stories around here.
xcoyle
Intermediate Member

Post by xcoyle »

Steve, when I add guitars to our Registry, I generally add them when newly listed, or at the end of their listing. My search on Ebay is just the word "Rickenbacker" in "musical instruments." So model number, color, year may not be in the listing, or could be wrong. Try and get a full list of all Rickenbacker's completed listings for July (sold or unsold).
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

I have contacted eBay,
I'll keep you posted.
IowaGunner

Post by IowaGunner »

Thank you all for your quick response and assistance! Hopefully all of this effort results in my guitar being returned in one piece.
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

Good luck getting your guitar back, Steve. Welcome to the forum.
Ka is a wheel.
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

No reply as of yet.
Did you file a report with the police?
IowaGunner

Post by IowaGunner »

I have already talked to the police, and I have an appointment with them tomorrow to file a report.

In the meantime, I've built a rather weak substitute for my Rick with a cigar box, a poplar 1X2, some all thread (for the bridge and nut), some cheap tuners off a garage sale guitar and a piezo pickup. 28" Baritone scale, three strings and no frets. Needless to say, it sure as heck doesn't 'jangle'. At least playing a little fretless slide guitar is taking my mind off being robbed.
Bighouse
Intermediate Member

Post by Bighouse »

IowaGunner wrote:I have already talked to the police, and I have an appointment with them tomorrow to file a report.

In the meantime, I've built a rather weak substitute for my Rick with a cigar box, a poplar 1X2, some all thread (for the bridge and nut), some cheap tuners off a garage sale guitar and a piezo pickup. 28" Baritone scale, three strings and no frets. Needless to say, it sure as heck doesn't 'jangle'. At least playing a little fretless slide guitar is taking my mind off being robbed.
I hope you get good news and cooperation from eBay and the Police. And, in the meanwhile, please post a pic or two of your cigarbox slide guitar!
Because I told you before- oh, you can't do that.
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

I sure hope this works out in the best possible way for you. Gotta admire your persistence in carrying on with your home-built project guitar (if that's not really levity on your part to ease the pain). In any case, best of luck and we'll all be doing what we can for you. I feel your pain, truly.
All I wanna do is rock!
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

Steve - after you meet the police, please email me (firstname @ lastname . com) copies of the police report and the letter you got from Kenny. I might be needing that with ebay as they don't seem so keen to help, at least for now...
IowaGunner

Post by IowaGunner »

Gil,

Thanks for the offer of assistance. I just emailed you a copy of the police report and ownership documentation. If any Ebay representatives wish to speak to me directly, please let me know.

Thanks again,

Steve
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Hope you get it back Steve :D
gibsonlp
Technical Admin

Post by gibsonlp »

Hi,
eBay emailed me back telling me that they have many items, etc... and that I need the seller's name to locate the item (as if I would have asked their help if I had the seller's name...) so I emailed them the police report and the letter from Kenny asking their cooperation in locating the stolen instrument as it was last spotted on their website...
I hope this will convience them helping out.
I just hate thieves and I ...<censored in the last minute, if someone wants my radical opinions regarding thieves treatments - PM me...>

Return to “Rickenbacker Register”