North Coast Vox AC15

Let's talk guitar amplfiers

Moderator: jingle_jangle

Tom65

North Coast Vox AC15

Post by Tom65 »

I've been hunting around for an AC15 locally for a while now, but these things are rare as hen's teeth (at least with the standard Warfdale). So I started hunting online and found the North Coast site. I'm really interested in the Fawn AC15 with the custom cabinet.

Has anyone else had experience with these amps? I'm intrigued with the services North Coast provides - particularly the burn-in and tube screening - but I'm a little hesitant to send $800 to a web-only dealer. Any input from owners would be appreciated.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Re: North Coast Vox AC15

Post by jingle_jangle »

Gary at North Coast is AAAA+ in my book. His service and communication are second to none, and he stands behind his products 100%. I've spent some $$$ with him and would not hesitate to recommend him. Go for it!
bitzerguy
RRF Consultant

Post by bitzerguy »

+1000. Gary is great to work with.
...Dean
Never, ever drool on your surf shirt. It wrecks the solo.

660/12FG, 350V63/6FG, 620/6JG, 360WB/6DBG, Dingwall C1 #001, Prestige Heritage Elite FM
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

I agree. I got my 360/12C63 from NCM, and Gary will make sure you're satisfied with your purchase.
Ka is a wheel.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

If I make a purchase on a VOX amp or a Gretsch 6119-1962HT Tennesee Rose (really jonesin' for one of those right now), I would go to Gary and NCM without hesitation.

I also want to make this experiment, and only Gary can provide it. A Vox AC-30CCH with a reissue AC-100 cab.
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

I bought my AC30CC with their exclusive chrome stand, Rickenbacker 4003AFG, Vox Brian May recording amp, a set of toasters, and some other odds and ends from NCM, and have recieved nothing but top notch service. You can feel safe doing business there.
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Oh, and welcome to the forum Tom :D
light_my_lucky

Post by light_my_lucky »

Chris at www.pickofthericks.com is no slouch either, and he is having an on-line sale. Give him a try as well!
kennyhowes
Veteran RRF member

Post by kennyhowes »

Tom65 wrote:I've been hunting around for an AC15 locally for a while now, but these things are rare as hen's teeth (at least with the standard Warfdale).
We're talking about the AC15CC?

Where do you live that they're few & far between?
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

light_my_lucky wrote:Chris at http://www.pickofthericks.com is no slouch either, and he is having an on-line sale. Give him a try as well!
Absolutely!
Tom65

Post by Tom65 »

kennyhowes wrote:
Tom65 wrote:I've been hunting around for an AC15 locally for a while now, but these things are rare as hen's teeth (at least with the standard Warfdale).

MD suburbs of DC. Everyone seems to have the CCX with the Celestion speaker, but not the one with the Warfdale. For $800 from North Coast, I'll get a custom cabinet and a fully bench-tested amp.

Thank you all for your input. I think I'll go ahead and pull the trigger with North Coast.
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

You might try calling Chris Clayton at Pick Of The Ricks. If he has what you want, it might be worth the 150 mile drive to his store (great store!).
Ka is a wheel.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Tom65 wrote:
kennyhowes wrote:

MD suburbs of DC. Everyone seems to have the CCX with the Celestion speaker, but not the one with the Warfdale. For $800 from North Coast, I'll get a custom cabinet and a fully bench-tested amp.

Thank you all for your input. I think I'll go ahead and pull the trigger with North Coast.
No Wharfedales on Gary's list, although you could ask.
Tom65

Post by Tom65 »

jingle_jangle wrote:
No Wharfedales on Gary's list, although you could ask.
I'm not really hung up on the Warfdales, I just think the North Coast version at $800 with the custom cabinet and the burn-in represents a better value than paying $900(+) for an off-the-shelf AC15 with the Celestion.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Wharfedale. Wharfedale. There...Now I've got it out of my system.

Anyway, Tom, Gary built me a '65 Royal Guardsman replica, and used the Vox Special black frame speakers, and they are very nice, although of course I've not A/Bd them with the Celestions. The Special black frames are made by Wharfedale, although they say "VOX" on the labels. So, I think you might be lucky there...

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”