Back To The Future Part II

Entertainment

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

hjarnett
Intermediate Member

Back To The Future Part II

Post by hjarnett »

The Year Was 1985 When Marty Mcfly had gone 25 years in the future to 2010 and now since it is 2010 i would like to know is where is my hover board?
Attachments
p2_mattelhoverboardside.jpg
p2_mattelhoverboardside.jpg (5.61 KiB) Viewed 1290 times
p2_mattelhoverboardback.jpg
p2_mattelhoverboard.jpg
09 360/6 fireglo. 09 360/12 fireglo. A tele a strat and a VOX
collin

Re: Back To The Future Part II

Post by collin »

It was 2015.

Get it right. :roll:

ps....if it helps to remember, they started the journey in 1985, and all the years they visited ended in a 5....ie, 1955,1985,2015 and 1885.

pps....yes, I am a total nerd....that's the greatest movie trilogy ever made.

ppps.....Mattel is diligently working on your hoverboard.........but remember, they don't work on water unless you got PoH-Wah. :lol:
hjarnett
Intermediate Member

Post by hjarnett »

collin wrote:It was 2015.

ps....if it helps to remember, they started the journey in 1985, and all the years they visited ended in a 5....ie, 1955,1985,2015 and 1885.

ppps.....Mattel is diligently working on your hoverboard.........but remember, they don't work on water unless you got PoH-Wah. :lol:
i guess i should watch it :oops: i was thinking 25 years in the future if the hover board wont work on water then im not getting one :mrgreen:
09 360/6 fireglo. 09 360/12 fireglo. A tele a strat and a VOX
collin

Post by collin »

hjarnett wrote:
collin wrote:It was 2015.

i guess i should watch it :oops: i was thinking 25 years in the future if the hover board wont work on water then im not getting one :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol:

Well, you'll just have to ditch the Mattel and get a "pitbull" brand....they have power! Battttttttter UP!
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

I'm waiting for one of those as well! I'll take two-one to ride on, and a furniture trolley model for hauling my gear around on; no more worries about wheels getting stuck in parking lot pot holes, door thresholds, or large sized cracks on the ground. :D
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

hjarnett wrote:The Year Was 1985 When Marty Mcfly had gone 25 years in the future to 2010 and now since it is 2010 i would like to know is where is my hover board?
Hoverboard.jpg
You can get it right here:
http://www.futurehorizons.net/

And, it only costs $9000...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

cjj wrote:And, it only costs $9000...
Add to that the medical costs for hearing aids... that's an hovercraft interbred with a skateboard??? :shock:

As the inventor of the hovercraft once said: little hovercrafts are rotten things! :lol:
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
egosheep
Intermediate Member

Post by egosheep »

I thought the first movie was great, but the second and third movies totally screw with the mythology.

First movie, Doc says interfering with the past could have catostrophic results. Marty does it anyway to save Doc's life... Ok, it works.

But by #2 Doc has turned into a time vigilante of some kind, obsessed with messing directly with the timeline in order to "save Marty's kids". As if changing this one incident will alter the timeline forever, in a positive way? The only way Doc could know this would be by constantly cruising the timeline to check in on Marty Jr. every 2 months or so, until he dies. :shock: Which is a really creepy thought, and it's all just totally out of character for Doc Brown.
Great Ramp In My Opinion.
collin

Post by collin »

egosheep wrote:I thought the first movie was great, but the second and third movies totally screw with the mythology.

First movie, Doc says interfering with the past could have catostrophic results. Marty does it anyway to save Doc's life... Ok, it works.

But by #2 Doc has turned into a time vigilante of some kind, obsessed with messing directly with the timeline in order to "save Marty's kids". As if changing this one incident will alter the timeline forever, in a positive way? The only way Doc could know this would be by constantly cruising the timeline to check in on Marty Jr. every 2 months or so, until he dies. :shock: Which is a really creepy thought, and it's all just totally out of character for Doc Brown.
yeah, that is a bit screwy from a story perspective.....but the second movie is undeniably cool.

They destroyed it all with the 3rd movie....terrible, IMO. (plus they literally smashed the delorean, ruining the idea of a fourth movie).

It's still one of the few movie trilogys worth watching though (No, Star Wars isn't worth it...)

Return to “On Stage”