Rob's CD mix - Volume 3!

Entertainment

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

fireglo67

Rob's CD mix - Volume 3!

Post by fireglo67 »

Hi Guys and gals.

I'm thinking of throwing together another CD compilation.

I'm not sure which direction it's going to go in yet, maybe different to the other 2, but if you're interested in a copy let me know.

Cheers.

Rob.

p.s. If you've got volumes 1 & 2, hold on to them, they're sure to become collectors items one day! :lol:
winston
Membership Admin

Re: Rob's CD mix - Volume 3!

Post by winston »

I have volumes 1 &2 and would love to add to my collection Rob. Your taste in music is brilliant, paricularly since I have never heard of many of the artists you put on these CD's before. :D

Thanks mate.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
scottpro1969
Intermediate Member

Post by scottpro1969 »

I'm in. I love this stuff....I have a cd mix club on facebook. Great way to get new music. Let me know what you need! Let's start a club here! I'd love volumes 1 &2 as well :wink:
melibreits

Post by melibreits »

Rob, count me in again! I regularly listen to CD's 1 and 2, and enjoy them immensely. Because of you I ended up buying Regina Spektor's Begin to Hope CD. I look forward to hearing more of the music you like--you've got great taste! :D
captsandwich
Intermediate Member

Post by captsandwich »

Is this where the line starts?
Lemme graze into your veldt/ lemme stomple your albino/lemme nibble on your buds/ I'm your Love Rhino
lennon211
Intermediate Member

Post by lennon211 »

I'm in for Vol. 3 as well!
Sarcasm just doesn't come through when you're typing...
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

Rob, I echo the others with enjoying #s 1 & 2. Put me down for #3, if you will.
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

OK guys and gals.

I will be contacting you all for details soon.

The CD is coming together nicely, and it's VERY different to volumes 1 & 2.

So far, I've transferred most of the tracks for this CD from my old vinyl collection.
I'm going in a very 'retro psychedelic' direction on this one, so I'm afraid there'll be no Regina Spektors this time round. Sorry Mel!

Hopefully there'll be some stuff on here that you haven't heard, and hopefully like, and also one or two oldies that you've maybe not heard in a while.

I'll be in touch soon when it's finished. :)
ricardo_vicente

Post by ricardo_vicente »

I'd be interested, man. I think we've got similar tastes and "retro psychedelic" sounds right up my street.
scottpro1969
Intermediate Member

Post by scottpro1969 »

Sounds great!
godber
Advanced Member

Post by godber »

Am I too late to be in Rob?

I'd be interested to know what are you're using to migrate the vinyl to digital? I've got a stash of Blue Note and Verve albums I'm starting to miss with no turntable. :(
ricardo_vicente

Post by ricardo_vicente »

godber wrote:Am I too late to be in Rob?

I'd be interested to know what are you're using to migrate the vinyl to digital? I've got a stash of Blue Note and Verve albums I'm starting to miss with no turntable. :(

This is one option I know of ...

http://www.numark.com/ttusb

http://www.thomann.de/gb/numark_tt_usb.htm
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

godber wrote:Am I too late to be in Rob?

The offer is still open to all at the moment. :D

To put my vinyls onto CD I use a bit of an old fashioned method, but I prefer it to the modern USB devices that 'sanitise' the sound by compressing the track and by eliminating scratch and crackle.
Call me old fashioned but I actually like to hear all that stuff! :)

I've basically still got the turntable off my old HiFi seperates system, and I plug the phono leads from that straight into this old CD recorder that I've had for years.
See it here...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pioneer-PDR609- ... B00005OOK3
It's a great little CD recorder, it handes both digital and analog, and it has sync recording too.
The only downside of it is that the only blank CD's that you can use in it are the 'CD Music' types, which are a bit more expensive and a bit harder to find than the run of the mill computer CDR's.
I just fill the CD up with tracks, which you obviously have to do in real time. Then I can put that CD into my PC and save the tracks onto my hard drive.
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

OK ladies and gentlemen.
The CD is good to go.
It took me a little while to get the running order correct, but I think this one flows beautifully from song to song.
I'm really happy with the selection of tracks on this one.
And....
Volume 4 is in the works too, that's going to be a CD of unusual cover versions! :D

Please PM me your home addresses and I'll start shipping the CD's next week.

I'm sure the guys at customs will be looking out for volume 3, as they already have volumes 1 & 2 and also a couple of Cotton Mather compilations too!
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

Still waiting for one or two addresses. :D

Return to “On Stage”