I'm Resigning As Moderator

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

I'm Resigning As Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

It's been a great honor to have been chosen as a moderator for this forum. However after the past several days and exchanges of PM's that are quite ugly, I've realized that I have enough stress in my like and I've loved to come here to talk about about one of the favorite things in my life, Rickenbacker instruments. That enjoyment has been ruined.
People want me to please THEM.
I know what who, thinks of me on this forum. To the few...and I do mean few people who have supported me as moderator, I humbly thank you very much and wish you the very best.
For those of you who are happy that I'm stepping down is, well, good luck to the next guy who takes my spot. They can think of you, what they think of me.
Also for those that are happy that I'm stepping down, you didn't win. Now it's just become tougher on you in the long run.
To the forum member who I tried to make peace with last night that just ignored me. My conscience is clear. YOU are the one who will someday leave this earth with a strike on your heart and angst in your soul.

I'm done here.

Thank for for all you have done, Peter and Brian. You guys are truly a class act!
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
8mileshigh

Re: I'm Resigning As Moderator

Post by 8mileshigh »

I can't say I blame you mate. A pretty thankless task. I appreciate all you do/have done. YOU are a class act Joey. Hopefully, you can sit back, relax and ENJOY the Forum once again now? :wink:
paul_yan
RRF Consultant

Post by paul_yan »

Wow, this is a shock to me, Joey! You've been devoting a lot of your time and efforts to this forum, which I'm grateful to. You just can't please everybody as a moderator. Take it easy, my friend. Don't let a dark soul ruin your bright days.
bartyclue
Intermediate Member

Post by bartyclue »

Joey .. sorry to hear this. There are a few people here, that when they post, I read and value their postings more than others. please know you were always included in the group.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Joey, sorry to see you go. I for one think you (and all of the moderators) do a great job of keeping this forum civil...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Being a moderator is a thankless job Joey. As you know there are many negative feelings expressed to us that are both hurtful and unkind. I wish I could talk you out of resigning, but knowing you so well as I do..........I know you came to this decision after a lot of personal torment, anguish and thought.

You have provided a great service to the forum as the moderator of the bass section. I am personally very proud to call you a friend. I hope that you always remain here among us and stay friends with those who care about you.

All the best,

Brian
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
johnhall
RIC

Post by johnhall »

I hear you!

Like I said before . . .
wtf.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for all your efforts Joey. I appreciate all you have done here.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
scotty

Post by scotty »

Much respect big man now kick yer shoes off and relax...
s4001

Post by s4001 »

Enjoy your retirement. More time for wiring diagrams. :mrgreen:
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

winston wrote:Being a moderator is a thankless job Joey. As you know there are many negative feelings expressed to us that are both hurtful and unkind. I wish I could talk you out of resigning, but knowing you so well as I do..........I know you came to this decision after a lot of personal torment, anguish and thought.

You have provided a great service to the forum as the moderator of the bass section. I am personally very proud to call you a friend. I hope that you always remain here among us and stay friends with those who care about you.

All the best,

Brian
I echo what both Brian, and Mr. Hall said.

Joey's been dedicated to the thankless task of maintaining the quality of this forum for everyone's benefit, and is one of the most fair-minded people I know, a quality he judiciously exercises as a moderator. If he's edited or deleted a post, it was for good reason; the post broke the rules.

As a close friend of Joey's, a big nice job and no thanks to whomever (1) violated the spirit and rules of the forum requiring Joey to edit whatever inappropriate posts were made in the first place, and (2), had the nerve to exchange such ugly PMs with Joey that he's decided he doesn't need the irritation.

The forum is a poorer place by Joey's resignation, and while Joey is still a part of this community, the unidentified member in question should heed Joey's warning well; the next moderator will likely not be as tolerant, and much more likely to act early to ban a rulebreaker from this forum, permanently.
There is no reason to ever be bored.

...why yes, I suppose I do have a double bound guitar fetish...

"Uh, I like the double bounds. . . ."
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

Joey, all the best man. Connie and I hope to see you and Diane out in California sometime in 2012..!! :wink:
blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Post by blueflamerick »

Sorry that you've had to deal with nonsense Joey. Thanks for all your hard work.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

winston wrote:You have provided a great service to the forum as the moderator of the bass section. I am personally very proud to call you a friend. I hope that you always remain here among us and stay friends with those who care about you.
Amen to that, Brian! Thanks for all you've done, Joey, and I hope you don't leave us for good. You've been a good friend and have my back when I need it. This forum won't be in order without you.

Hopefully the member in question will feel ashamed of what he's done and apologizes.
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

well, knock me over with a feather! Sorry to hear about that,Joey,you've been nothing but great in my book. i can understand about the aggravation,though. All the best to you and Diane! Hopefully we will meet again before too long. (BARC 2012!)

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”