Internet Concert #2

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Internet Concert #2

Post by jdogric12 »

Internet concert number two, today, Sunday, 8pm GMT (3pm ET). Robert Higgs from Addieville will open the show with a couple songs. I recommend logging on by creating a stickam account rather than using facebook or similar methods. www.stickam.com/jdogric12
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: Internet Concert #2

Post by kiramdear »

Tied up all day, sadly. :( I'm having the worst luck with these.
All I wanna do is rock!
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

I managed to catch a few songs, but my server was acting funny and the video would stop in random places, causing parts to be delayed or cut off completely. Still, a good effort on your part, Jdog. What was your rig?
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Thanks Jake!

The mic was a Shure SM58 Beta. I ran it through a Focusrite Trakmaster preamp and applied a touch of compression, then to mixing board.

The guitars were a 60's Greco and the '98 366/12v64, into several pedals including a JangleBox, and Boss Noise Suppressor and Boss Enhancer, into my Fender Cyber Twin, which mainly served as a monitor, as I ran the mono send from the amp into the mixing board.

The bass pedals are Roland PK-5 into a Roland JV-1010, into mixing board.

Then I took the mixer and ran it into a stereo dbx compressor.

That mixed, compressed signal went to a Lexicon Alpha interface (purchased on RRF!) connected via USB to my Macbook.

It took about 90 minutes to set up, but based on the positive feedback regarding the audio I've received, it was worth it. Unfortunately the video seems to have been troublesome for most viewers. So I'm going to experiment with another site next time, whenever that is. Eventually, though, I see this becoming more like a regular show with more guest input than just me playing. Robert had fun doing it and found it to be strange like I did, playing for an audience but seeing no faces and hearing no applause.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

http://addievillemusic.com/

Here is the link to Robert Higgs's band (he's the guy that played a couple songs before I started)

Return to “My Gig Forum”