The Faces

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

The Faces

Post by JakeK »

Anyone a fan of these guys? I was gifted the incredible box-set Five Guys Walk Into A Bar... for Christmas, and was blown away by how incredible this band was. "Stay With Me" is probably my favorite tune of their's. What impressed me, though, was how much better Ronnie Wood and Rod Stewart were in the Faces than the paths they chose. Don't get me wrong about Woody, he's obviously been very happy with the Stones for the most part and has cut some decent music with them (Some Girls, A Bigger Bang, "Doom & Gloom"). Rod Stewart was his best with the Faces, for me. Ronnie Lane was the underrated Face, and while Kenney Jones may not have been right for The Who, he was great in the Faces. Ian MacLagan knew how to tickle the ivories. I enjoy their work on the whole.

blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Re: The Faces

Post by blueflamerick »

Great band.
Badanovski

Post by Badanovski »

I loved this band. While I understand Rod's reasons for leaving I never thought he sounded as good after.
hamilton_square

Post by hamilton_square »

In case anybody is interested; recently posted on YouTube (in three parts) is a near 90-minute documentary on the life of RONNIE LANE (1st April 1946 - 4th June 1997). First shown during 2006 on BBC4 under the title of “The Passing Show”. It chronicles both his nomadic lifestyle and resulting money problems after the Faces broke up coupled with the debilitating effects of multiple sclerosis.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”