The Rezillos

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

spongebob
Intermediate Member

The Rezillos

Post by spongebob »

Great band!

Bassist William Mysterious left (so I believe) just after the recording of the album. There is a picture somewhere on the net of him with a 4001.

Good bass tone on the album, especially on this one. Loads more on YT if you like it!

Enjoy! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsUDKQSzdoA
1974 (February) 4001 JG
spongebob
Intermediate Member

Re: The Rezillos

Post by spongebob »

http://www.punk77.co.uk/graphics/rezillos/live1.jpg

Here's a shot, not quite sure who's on bass as there's a lot of different stuff online!

Maybe someone on here can shed some light?
1974 (February) 4001 JG
GoldenGloryOrn

Post by GoldenGloryOrn »

Without checking, I think Mr Mysterious generally played Jazz basses. I believe the later stalwart Joe Callis played one (Ric) before he became a Human Leaguer ...
GoldenGloryOrn

Post by GoldenGloryOrn »

And rather than just list all the punk bands associated with Rics, may I just say Robert Blamire was one of my faves ...
markorbit

Post by markorbit »

GoldenGloryOrn wrote:Without checking, I think Mr Mysterious generally played Jazz basses.
I've seen WM pictured with what looked like a 4001 but to my ears it doesn't sound like a Ric bass on Can't Stand The Rezillos. I am told by someone very close to the group who thinks that WM played a Precision but again, that doesn't seem to gel 100% with what I'm hearing. I too would guess a Jazz bass. Wish I could find out for sure. Not be confused with Simon Templar who DID play a Jazz bass on the subsequent live album...

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”