Shameless (pointless!?) self promo

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
ojobob2
Veteran RRF member

Shameless (pointless!?) self promo

Post by ojobob2 »

Indeed, my site sucks! tho i have registered a real domain name and i will build a better site soon.

But,,,,we are young, from London, and only use Ricks on stage (not many bands like us to the pound/dollar/whatever)

http://www.geocities.com/the_epitones/
The email address shown is down, you can email me at septic_bullfrog@yahoo.co.uk
rictified

Post by rictified »

If I didn't know better, I'd swear that was The Who, good website.
big_g

Post by big_g »

Reminding me Owen of a line form one of my fav bands, RUSH. " We are young, wandering the face of the earth...Wondering what our dreams might be worth, knowing that we're only immortal, for a limited time."
-Neil Peart

Good luck fellow bass player, go out and show 'em what your made of and Godspeed!
mortivan

Post by mortivan »

Nice page Owen. What music do you guys play?
ojobob2
Veteran RRF member

Post by ojobob2 »

John - like the early Who, The Jam, The Buzzcocks.....with a bit of james brown style funk thrown in

(LOL yeah we are an originals band)

Funnily enough i just this minute came in from an amazing gig, should be with the others, but someones gotta help get the gear home Image
The email address shown is down, you can email me at septic_bullfrog@yahoo.co.uk
rictified

Post by rictified »

Watch out Owen, bass players get stuck moving stuff all the time, sometimes even doing sound. Lead singers are the first to split (and the last to arrive) and do the least, drummers have how long they take to set up down (like that one?) to a science (so they don't have to do anything else) guitarists are always fooling with their sound and are useless as far as moving anything anyway, forget keyboard players, they're too out there. Bass players are perfect.
rictified

Post by rictified »

Watch out Owen, bass players get stuck moving stuff all the time, sometimes even doing sound. Lead singers are the first to split (and the last to arrive) and do the least, drummers have how long they take to set up down (like that one?) to a science (so they don't have to do anything else) guitarists are always fooling with their sound and are useless as far as moving anything anyway, forget keyboard players, they're too out there....

Bass players are perfect.
ojobob2
Veteran RRF member

Post by ojobob2 »

LOL, i dont mind doing all that moving.......Its MY band Image And everyone knows it!
aristeas
Veteran RRF member

Post by aristeas »

Great site - it looks like you sound great! If you go here:
www.irfanview.com/
-you can download the best FREE image viewer and brighten up your pix ..
ojobob2
Veteran RRF member

Post by ojobob2 »

yes or use my copy of Adobe Photoshop!

notice how we now have a real domain address...........
ojobob2
Veteran RRF member

Post by ojobob2 »

Ok, i have 2 songs off our demo up there,

Recorded totally live, the old fashioned way direct to tape - then transfered to CD. No mastering, hardly any compression. The first song is a first take (of the whole day)

No Rickenbackers were harmed during this recording.

That is not to say we didnt play Rickenbackers - only that they were not harmed Image

www.the-epitones.com

We used a 4003 and a 360
paul_yan
RRF Consultant

Post by paul_yan »

Smoking!
big_g

Post by big_g »

Reminds me of the ole' D.I.Y. days of early punk. Or the original mods, like The Who, early Rolling Stones in the Brian Jones days. Cool guys, keep it up.
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

Very cool Owen. Much better than the Old and Nu Metal cr@p going on in clubs over here. I'd buy it.
mortivan

Post by mortivan »

Sounds great Owen!

Return to “My Gig Forum”