Personal thanks to Mark Arnquist

Setup, repair and restoration of Rickenbacker Instruments

Moderator: jingle_jangle

Rick_Wilson

Personal thanks to Mark Arnquist

Post by Rick_Wilson »

Just a public note to thank Mark Arnquist for his incredible work in bringing my 660/12 up to its full potential. I bought a new 660/12 FG this last December. The guitar looked gorgeous and sounded pretty ok. But it had some serious serious tuning/intonation problems. Through reading about Mark's past experience and all the sound advice and information that he gives in this Forum, I decided to contact him and see if he would be interested in working on my new guitar. He agreed and I sent the guitar to him, from New Mexico to Washington. He made quick work of the diagnosis and repair and even added an unexpected modification to the 5th knob. The way the 5th knob is set up from the factory is kind of useless. The modification that he did is great. If he is so inclined, he may at some point want to mention some of the changes that he made to the guitar in detail. They were certainly subtle, but the results were amazing. The guitar plays and sounds incredible! I am so thankful that I was able to discover someone so knowledgeable on these gorgeous and complex instruments. By the way, the picture on this Forum listed as a "recent photo of Mark Arnquist" shows him holding the very guitar I am talking about...my own 660/12FG. That's pretty cool. Fantastic work Mark. Thank you.
Rick
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Mark's contribution to The Rickenbacker Forum has been received with much enthusiasm and appreciation by those who visit here. I would like to echo your comments Rick. Thanks Mark.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
markthemd
Veteran RRF member

Post by markthemd »

Thanks guys ,glad to be a help.This info should be public knowledge .And every one that has any brand of guitar should know more about their instrument than how to play it .

Keep asking away folks ....

the lines are open and we have a caller from..............
So you too want yours "ALAPWOB"?!?!

Return to “"Vibrola" Rickenbacker Technical Forum: By Paul Wilczynski”