McGuinn on recording & JangleBox

Those who flock to The Byrds
janglebox

McGuinn on recording & JangleBox

Post by janglebox »

Terrific, wide-ranging interview with Roger McGuinn where he discusses the music industry, technical aspects of how he personally records his CDs -- as well as all the gear he uses, the jingle jangle sound, his new Martin HD7 guitar, and other random points of interest.
http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/2005/03/02/mcguinn.html

JangleBox gets a nice mention, as Roger describes how he uses it for recording. The photo caption refers to JangleBox as "McGuinn in a box."

--Steve
http://www.janglebox.com
http://www.lasko-design.com
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

Neat piece Steve. I've ordered a JangleBox but they are behind in their orders. I hope to have it in a week or so.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Music is too important to be left to professionals.
janglebox

Post by janglebox »

Stan: your JangleBox is actually being shipped at this very moment. Really!

I appreciate your patience. We should be caught up by early next week for anyone else who's been waiting.
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

Don't know what I was thinking. I didn't associate you and JangleBox with your post (though it's pretty obvious). Glad to know it's on its way...also don't wish for folks to get the wrong idea about your company. I'm sure you are trying to get them out as fast as possible and keeping the quality up to par.
the_tonebender

Post by the_tonebender »

Steve-
I hate to be a pest, but is mine also shipping soon?
janglebox

Post by janglebox »

Hi John --

Yes, your JangleBox shipped yesterday with 16 others. FedEx Ground.

Sorry for the wait. I realize delays of any sort are annoying, but as Stan alluded, it's impossible to "rush assemble" JangleBoxes by hand and have any semblance of quality control.

I have every confidence that your patience will be rewarded with a compression pedal you'll really love. After you've tried it out, I'd appreciate it if you (and any other JangleBox customers) could let me know how JangleBox works out for you in your guitar/amp/effects setup. Thanks.
the_tonebender

Post by the_tonebender »

Thanks a million Steve! Can't wait! I'll definately give you a review after I test it out. I plan on running it two ways. Through my AC30 and through my Tonelab for direct recording.
I'm sure all "Janglebox waiters" will be happy with the performance of the box. If it's good enough for McGuinn...Thanks again!
tonewerks

Post by tonewerks »

it says Lately he’s added a PAIR of JangleBox stomp boxes mhmh two in line or what anyone know?
Scastles

Post by Scastles »

Joe, McGuinn is real gadget guy so there is no telling but I would like to know myself.
janglebox

Post by janglebox »

Roger has at least three JangleBoxes. From what he told me, I got the distinct impression that he only uses one, and the others are for backup.

Unless he's recently changed his set-up, I know that's how he uses Janglebox live. He might add another one to the signal chain when recording, but I can't imagine why. Especially with the treble boost, which he does use.
janglebox

Post by janglebox »

Roger has at least three JangleBoxes. From what he told me, I got the distinct impression that he only uses one, and the others are for backup.

Unless he's recently changed his set-up, I know that's how he uses Janglebox live. He might add another one to the signal chain when recording, but I can't imagine why. Especially with the treble boost, which he does use.
clearblue
Intermediate Member

Post by clearblue »

Steve, I've been thinking about ordering one myself and have a question. Does it have a bypass switch on it? (I was listening to Antenna by The Church)
brian

Post by brian »

Reading all of this and accompaning article, I'm still not clear on one thing. Does anyone know if he uses a Janglebox with his 370RM and if so with which guitar settings?
loverickbass
Veteran RRF member

Post by loverickbass »

He does use the janglebox with the 370. Surely I don't think he uses the onboard compressor with the janglebox. Can you say icepick?

Cole
janglebox

Post by janglebox »

Dan: Yes. We use a triple-pole, double-throw switch (3PDT) for true bypass. The unit has an LED on/off indicator.

Brian: Roger does use JangleBox with his 370-12RM. He sets it on "Clean", no compression. The selecter is straight at the "12:00 o'clock" position.

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”