36012c63 - waiting so long...

Vintage, Modern, V & C Series, Signature & Special Editions

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

red_rob
Intermediate Member

Post by red_rob »

Where is George's guitar anyways? Is it 'lost' or owned by some collector?
rogerf

Post by rogerf »

George's fist Rickenbacker 12-string is still in his personal guitar collection and owned by his family. Most recently, it was shown in the Concert for George. The guitar was in a stand lit by a single spotlight throughout the concert.
stuart

Post by stuart »

You can see a very cool picture of the scene Roger has described above if you go to concertforgeorge.com and click 'trailer/downloads...' You'll see a very cool wallpaper featuring the 12-string.
bill_yantz

Post by bill_yantz »

John, I just read your reply (I have been out of commission), thanks. So you still have the templates to GH's 12-string? Excellent. I can't wait to play one; better yet, I wish I could buy one right now.
A British Invasion Tribute
http://www.myspace.com/billyyantz
rumbush
Intermediate Member

Post by rumbush »

Now there's a C63 on the bay, so you don't have to wait so long..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7355209658&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
Sytý Hladovému Nevěří
red_rob
Intermediate Member

Post by red_rob »

That fireglo is sweeet!

much redder than the V64. My V64 is actually pretty dark around the edges.
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

Very nice.
oreca
Intermediate Member

Post by oreca »

Thanks for the link. I just love looking at them...
leftybass
RRF Consultant

Post by leftybass »

What did it sell for? Anybody know?
krick
Veteran RRF member

Post by krick »

The auction was ended early. Listing stated "no longer available for sale." Anybody here get it?
britye
Intermediate Member

Post by britye »

I guess this person only wanted to make money with it. Only attachment to it is the money?? Cold, man, cold, I hope it went to somebody who'll enjoy it for a long time, I don't even have mine yet and already am emotionally bonded to it. Hey all you Ric fans is this normal???lol!!
saab95

Post by saab95 »

I couldn't hold on any longer as waiting got me nuts, so I took Stephen Stills advice: "...if you can't be with the one you love(c63), love the one you're with(v64)" and got me a 1998 360\12v64 to ease the painImage.
My c63 order still lives but it's not so urgent now, I can wait 2-3 years more...
saab95

Post by saab95 »

I hope...
steve_hershberger

Post by steve_hershberger »

Yeah Ariel, that's exactly why I got my '92 360/12v64 recently. Back when the v-series was released I never had that much money, then they were discontinued.

Then the c-series was "announced" and it took me a while to get the money to even think about making a deposit. By then, the waiting time was so long that I didn't want to do that. Not to mention the price was about double...

So I just kind of looked around for a couple years.

I recently came into some money and my first thought was to order a c-63, but even though they're trickling out now, I still would've had a long wait.

Then I saw this v-64 online and jumped on it immediately. It's definitely close enough to "real" for me, and the best part is that I've been playing it for weeks now and it cost about half of what a c-63 would be. Not to mention that I'd still be waiting...

So I'm pretty well set right now. ;-)
readysteadygo

Post by readysteadygo »

RUMOR CHECK... Did anyone see a recent post stating that a 360/12c63 was recently shipped to Washington Music? Thanks
I said what I said and now it's all this.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: by John Simmons”