Rickenbacker, betting on the past to ensure their future?

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Grey
Advanced Member

Re: Rickenbacker, betting on the past to ensure their future

Post by Grey »

cassius987 wrote:Are you worried about them?
I would've thought that goes without saying, if I didn't care I wouldn't be posting here.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Grey wrote:
cassius987 wrote:Are you worried about them?
I would've thought that goes without saying, if I didn't care I wouldn't be posting here.
It doesn't go without saying for me I guess. I am interested in what RIC is up to, but not worried about their future. Let's say sales for the flagship models die off all of the sudden (as if that's going to happen)... You think they can't innovate? They are just dealing with a backlog, and nevertheless finding time to push new models through the pipeline. It's too bad the new models don't get you more excited (I was pretty elated that they ditched the C Series and brought about the 4003S, personally) but that's just how it is. They don't owe you anything; you are a customer in waiting, or not, just like the rest of us. I'm not going to waste calories second-guessing the entire brand in my spare time. Let the market decide.
Grey
Advanced Member

Post by Grey »

I had a much longer reply typed up but nixed it before hitting submit. "Things are never going to change and we don't want them to" is the message i'm getting loud and clear.
cassius987

Post by cassius987 »

Good-looking straw man you've got there. :roll:

I don't know how many times I've come up with a (what I think is a) cool, totally unique design for a new or updated RIC bass. Have you even seen some of my modified basses? I might be the least conventional Ric bass fan on this board. But having a vision of something different does not mean it would be a success for RIC. They are not beholden to our whimsical ideas. You should fly to Santa Ana and convince them to hire you if you really know how they could be doing things better.
Colonel Sanders
Intermediate Member

Post by Colonel Sanders »

Tommy wrote:
Kopfjaeger wrote:So what recording artists did RIC have at their booth at the NAMM show this past weekend??
Well, if the premise of this thread is true, RIC probably had at their NAMM booth Roger McGuinn, John Fogerty, and Suzi Arden.
Geez... Better spice up the punch with Geritol.
1973 4001 Jetglo
2023 4003 Mapleglo
2022 4005XC Jetglo
1979 MusicMan Stingray
2021 Epiphone Thunderbird
2020 Fender P-Bass American Original 60s
rowbo777

Post by rowbo777 »

I read this type of thread and keep thinking Musicman and their persistent innovation. Recently looked at the new Valentine signature Namm Awarded, proof there is room for some new ideas. Those guys have balls :D and the best supply of quality birds eye maple in the world I would guess. Great marketing vortex.
The 1993 plus is wonderful, keep it coming Rickenbacker.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”